Website Batteries Plus Bulbs #300
Come join our customer-oriented, frequently fast-paced work environment with opportunities for skills, knowledge, benefit and pay growth!
Consultatively sell batteries, light bulbs and accessory items to retail and commercial customers. Pleasantly engage customers, listen to what they have to say about their batteries/systems and lighting needs, and recommend solutions. Perform battery tests, installations, and battery pack rebuilds. Contribute as a Team Member to the overall success of the store. Associates must be able to lift 50 + pounds, should have a valid driver’s license, and must have access to reliable transportation.
Integrity, reliability, helpful/courteous customer orientation, product knowledge, sales skills, and a friendly Team orientation are critical factors in the success of our business and of our associates.
Customer Service / Sales
• While working: Live a “Customer First” mentality
• Perform Customer Service / Sales duties.
• Greet customers promptly, determine needs and answer questions.
• Suggest needed sales add-on items, participate in retail store and commercial sales activities to achieve sales goals.
• Ask questions to identify potential commercial customers.
• Operate computer/cash register to initiate and complete sales transactions.
• Answer phones, assist callers, and ensure messages are relayed in a timely, accurate manner.
• Maintain the facility, inventory, property, and customer service levels to management standards.
• Develop and maintain current knowledge of product and service offerings
• Adhere to general and specific safety standards
• Engage as a “can-do” team member. Proactively follow through on commitments and/or tasks needing to be performed.
Merchandising / Inventory
• Rotate and stock inventory; perform inventory counts as required.
• Install batteries, perform tests and tech work.
• Load, unload, and deliver or arrange delivery of products.
• Organize daily recovery of displays to achieve full store appearance.
• Maintain retail shelf label pricing.
• Build displays; setting up & taking down shelves and fixtures.
• Prepare store for daily opening and closing.
• H.S. diploma/equivalent and 6 months prior work experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior retail experience preferred but not required.
• Ability to gain quick and solid understanding of company’s products, processes, point of sale, and cross reference systems.
• Good listening and verbal communication skills with a customer focus.
• Must possess and use organizational and analytical problem solving skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks to effectively prioritize, follow up, and meet deadlines with multiple tasks and projects.
• Ability to calculate simple math, percents, ratios and algebraic expressions and read gauges.
• Demonstrated technical aptitude and or technical experience desired.
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record preferred.
Device Repair Technician Duties:
Repair cell phones, tablets, light fixtures and other devices as needed
Receive, pack and ship these devices
Develop written procedures and technical videos for common device repair activities
Maintain proper inventory
Participate in formal training of store associates to include tearing down devices, taking photos, assisting with video training production.
Provide live camera-based remote support (i.e., Skype) for in-store device repairs
Follow all safety rules and regulations; wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
At Batteries Plus, you are part of a small entrepreneurial team in a growing business. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org