Website City of Waco
Distribution and Collection Crew Leader – CDL
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2021 -01829
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Water Utilities
Under basic supervision, schedules and assigns maintenance and repair work crew duties and supervises daily operations of that crew for the Waco Water Utility Services Department (WUSD).
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Leads and supervises a work crew for the repair and maintenance of water distribution and wastewater collection systems (W/WW); locates and prepares work sites, uses specialized tools and equipment to maintain and repair W/WW facilities, equipment and infrastructure and inspects work projects for compliance to quality standards and safety regulations; reviews and completes work orders and prepares activity reports.
• Supervises and trains staff, assigns duties and responsibilities and meets regularly with staff to discuss and resolve workload, technical and safety issues.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Communicates with the customer to schedule or work with a minimum of disruption.
• Uses specialized tools and equipment to maintain and repair W/WW facilities, equipment and infrastructure.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Driving is an essential function of the job.
• City policies and procedures.
• Maintenance and repair standards for water distribution and wastewater collection system and equipment.
• State and Federal regulations governing municipal utilities and the treatment and transmission of W/WW; including Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) standards.
• Geography, roads and landmarks of City and surrounding areas.
• Supervising and training staff, assigning tasks and evaluating work performed.
• Working independently to complete work projects according to work schedule.
• Enforcing and maintaining safe work practices.
• Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
• Using a personal computer and specialized software applications.
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
• Using specialized tools and equipment to maintain and repair W/WW facilities, equipment and infrastructure.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent and four years’ experience with WUSD.
• A valid Texas Class A Commercial Driver’s License with a Tanker Endorsement required within 180 days of employment.
• Class C Water or Class II Wastewater license from Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
• Both Class C Water and Class II Wastewater TCEQ licenses are required with 2.5 years of hire; according to the needs of the City.
• Requires exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or a up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Major activities are performed outdoors, may be exposed to all weather conditions.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2649377
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.