Website City of Waco
Emergency Preparedness Specialist
City of Waco
Salary: $22.80 Hourly
Job Number: 2021 -01844
Location: Waco, TX
Under general supervision, assists with developing and implementing Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) training to ensure an effective workforce is available to respond to public health emergencies.
• Assists with identifying training needs through surveys, interviews, and focus groups or based on gaps identified from exercise/incident After Action Reports.
• Identifies and coordinates training opportunities with Health District staff.
• Develops job aids, guides, and tools for inclusion into Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) plans.
• Leads development of volunteer management program, Central Texas Medical Reserve Corps, including creating just-in-time training, application, vetting, activation, and response operations.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Driving is essential.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Nursing, Business or Public Administration, or a related field.
• Or eight-years experience in public health programs / healthcare education or related field; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license.
• If BSN, professional registration as Registered Nurse by the Texas Board of Nursing required.
• Additional technical certification in Public Health may be required.
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2680146
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.