Website City of Waco
Salary: $17.00 Hourly
Job Number: 2021 -01782
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Public Works
Under basic supervision, performs semi-skilled work in the operation of specialized trucks and heavy motorized equipment used for a variety of job functions in the Public Works Department (PWD).
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Operates a variety of specialized trucks and heavy motorized equipment to repair and maintain streets, roadways and infrastructure in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures; hauls materials and transports vehicles and equipment to job sites; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Inspects and cleans vehicles, equipment and tools for proper operating condition; repairs, maintains and adjusts equipment; maintains usage logs; recognizes, avoids and reports unsafe acts, conditions, accidents and injuries; controls work projects to assure that safety rules and regulations are followed and that the work zone and all equipment are in safe operating condition.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Driving is essential.
• City policies and procedures.
• Operation and maintenance methods and standards for heavy equipment and specialized vehicles.
• Methods, tools and equipment used in maintenance of streets, roadways and infrastructure.
• Occupational hazards and safety rules for traffic control and vehicle operations on public streets.
• City geography, traffic patterns, streets, landmarks and PWD facility locations.
• Performing street and roadway maintenance and repair work.
• Making routine operating adjustments, repairs and preventive maintenance to assigned equipment.
• Closely following verbal and written instructions and procedures and safe work practices.
• Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required and one year experience in heavy equipment operations.
• A valid Texas Class A Commercial Driver’s License with Tanker Endorsement is required at the time of interview.
• Requires exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2564991
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.