Website City of Waco
City of Waco
Salary: $15.00 Hourly
Job Number: 2021 -01784
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Development Services
Under basic supervision, provides customer services for internal and external customers.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assists internal and external customers with a variety of Building Safety Department permit issues; performs duties within scope of authority and training and in compliance with City policies.
• Responds to permit and inspection questions from customers; maintains account records and processes payments and technical documents.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and professional behavior when interacting with contractors, citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• City policies and procedures.
• Basic principles of bookkeeping, record keeping and records management.
• Business and personal computers and accounting software applications.
• Entering numerical and operational data into a computer system with skill and accuracy.
• Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent and one year of customer service experience.
• A valid Texas driver’s license.
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2564994
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.