Website City of Waco
Solid Waste Operations Crew Leader – CDL
City of Waco
Salary: $20.67 Hourly
Job Number: 2021 -01854
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Solid Waste
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Starting Rate: $20.67 per hour
Under basic supervision, supervises the Solid Waste Operators (SWO) transporting materials and maintaining the City landfill and recycling center for Solid Waste Department (SWD).
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervises and trains Solid Waste Operators collecting solid waste, refuse, bulky items, and recyclable materials, and transporting materials to the City landfill and recycling center; assigns vehicles, routes, and work assignments; maintains daily work logs and records; performs duties within scope of authority and training, and in compliance with City policies; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Supervises and inspects landfill and recycling center operations and facilities; enforces safety rules and standards; operates specialized heavy equipment to move, grade, and cover landfill materials; coordinates vehicle and equipment repairs; inspects and maintains vehicles, equipment, and facilities according to City standards; performs duties of SWO as needed to meet workload demands,
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors, and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other assigned or related tasks as required.
• Driving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Five years’ experience as a Solid Waste Operator at the City of Waco
• Valid Texas Class B Commercial Driver’s License
Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2718197
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.