Website City of Waco
Vital Statistics Deputy Registrar
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2021 -01787
Location: Waco, TX
Minimum Starting Salary: $16.00/hr. minimum (Depending on qualifications)
Performs complex and confidential administrative support activities to maintain effective operations of Vital Statistics office. Registers births and deaths occurring in the City of Waco and issues these vital records in accordance with Texas Statutory requirements; prepares statistical reports; and maintains confidentiality of vital records. In the absence of the Vital Statistics Registrar, this position is responsible for performing the duties of the Registrar.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Registers births and deaths occurring in the City of Waco and issues certified copies of these records according to statutory requirements.
• Performs duties of Vital Statistics Registrar in the absence of the Registrar.
• Provides administrative direction to agencies completing birth and death records such as funeral directors, Justices of the Peace, physicians, and midwives.
• Completes birth certificates for non-institutional births.
• Assists customers with completing applications to amend birth and death certificates and completing paperwork from Attorney General’s Office to add the father’s name to birth certificates.
• Prepares statistical reports for City, County, and State agencies.
• Ensures the confidentiality of birth and death records is protected.
• Provides customer service, information, and assistance to visitors and others having business with the City; responds to requests for information within the scope of authority; assists customers with requests, applications, government forms, and other documents.
• Provides notary services.
• Receives and sends information to and from other City departments, agencies, and jurisdictions.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors, and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond after hours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Driving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Two years of experience in public sector or government records or a related field.
• Certification as a Notary Public is required after six months of employment.
• Training and certification from the Texas Attorney General’s office are required after six months of employment.
• Training and certification from the Texas Department of State Health Services Vital Statistics Unit are required after two years of employment.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2669394
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.