Website City of Waco
Zoo Facilities and Security Supervisor
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2021-01830
Location: Waco, TX
Minimum starting salary: $41,500 depending on qualifications
Under basic supervision, supervises facilities maintenance and security staff and functions for the City Zoo; supervises facilities improvement projects performed by City staff and contractors.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervises facilities maintenance work crews and improvement projects; reviews work orders and determines staffing needs and equipment requirements; reviews completed work and verifies compliance with work orders and contract specifications; resolves problems within scope of authority.
• Manages staff; prioritizes and assigns tasks; trains and evaluates staff; develops staff skills and conducts performance evaluations; meets regularly with staff to discuss and resolve workload and technical issues.
• Performs daily rounds and evaluates safety and security issues and condition of facilities.
• Inspects vehicles and equipment and assures all equipment is maintained according to standards.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City wide emergency.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Driving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• AND five years facilities maintenance, repair, or construction experience
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License
• Plumbing and welding experience
• Will consider a combination of facilities maintenance, repair, construction, plumbing and welding experience
• Will require various days and hours
• Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2652757
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.