Website City of Waco
Health WIC Certifying Authority
City of Waco
Salary: $15.54 – $24.82 Hourly
Job Number: 2021 -01811
Location: Waco, TX
Minimum Starting Salary: $15.54/hr
Under basic supervision, reviews applications and certifies applicants for WIC eligibility; provides counseling, education and assessment for infants, children and pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women clients for the Public Health District (PHD).
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides direct client care for PHD clients, including interviewing and assessing nutritional status to determine client’s WIC eligibility and nutrition care plan; performs anthropometric and biochemical measurements; provides nutrition education and outreach programs and works with community to increase public awareness of proper nutrition; provides information, counseling and medical case management according to specific program and physician guidelines.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• State and local WIC Nutrition Program policies, procedures and reporting standards.
• Principles and practices of nutrition and dietetics, including health maintenance and wellness.
• Case management methods, practices and procedures for assigned client population.
• Presenting nutritional information to PHD program participants and the public.
• Counseling clients with a variety of nutritional health issues.
• Gathering, calculating, and interpreting anthropometric measurements.
• Utilizing standard personal computer software programs and specialized state and County software.
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition or Dietetics; or B.S. in a nutrition related field, examples include Nutritional Science, Community Nutrition, Clinical Nutrition, Dietetics, Public Health Nutrition, and/or Exercise/Sports Science, with a minimum of 24 Semester Hours of Food and Nutrition.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license.
• WIC Certification Training is required within one year of hire if the degree held is not directly related to nutrition.
• Technical certifications in public health are preferred and may be required.
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2606827
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.