Website City of Waco
Assistant Golf Professional
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2021 -01820
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Parks & Recreation
Minimum Starting Rate: $16.50 per hour
Under basic supervision, assists with golf course operations at the Cottonwood Creek Golf Course (CCGC) for the Parks and Recreation (P&R) Department; assists with instructional programs, tournaments, merchandising, technical sales and daily operations of the golf facilities and support services.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assists with clubhouse merchandising, display and inventory control for golf shop; maintains a level of service to keep pace with customer needs and requests; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Sells golf supplies and equipment; assists customers with technical equipment purchases, repairs and club; promotes and sells golf shop merchandise.
• Conducts group golf lessons and clinics, including player development program; works with golfers on proper form and technique; provides technical advice on the rules of golf.
• Assists with developing and promoting tournaments; assists as Tournament Coordinator as assigned.
• Oversees the operations and maintenance of golf course and related assets; assures that facilities are clean, safe, secure and in compliance with state and federal regulations and City standards.
• Works with the golf course maintenance crews to assure a healthy and manicured golf course.
• Greets golf course guests and provides prompt, courteous and friendly customer services; responds to requests for information and explains rules, policies and procedures.
• Collects greens fees and cart rental fees; accurately accounts for funds received and reconciles cash register sales with daily sales report; prepares accounting reports for receipts and deposits as directed.
• Assigns tee times for daily golf course use and coordinates play.
• Enforces golf rules and City regulations and polices the course to regulate play and the conduct of players.
• Assists with management of food and beverage services.
• Promotes recreation programs and services to local community agencies, advocates, and citizen groups.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Driving is an essential function of the job.
• Associate’s Degree in Business, Recreation Management, Marketing, or related field.
• Three years’ experience in golf course management and retail merchandising.
• OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Registration as an Apprentice or Member in the Professional Golf Association (PGA) in a Level I and passing of the Playing Ability Test of the PGA.
• Certification as a Class A member of the Professional Golf Association (PGA).
• Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Major activities are performed indoors and/or outdoors and may be exposed to all weather conditions.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2630303
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.