Website City of Waco
Assistant Sex Offender Registration Coordinator – PT
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2021 -01756
Location: Waco, TX
Minimum Starting Salary: $16.48/hr
Assists the Sex Offender Registration Coordinator of the Waco Police Department with the administration of the Program; to maintain compliance with Texas State Law as applicable to adjudicated sex offenders and their duties to register.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Daily contact with sex offenders, (in person and by telephone), at the police department who come in to update their registrations; including interviews with offenders to ensure their information is accurate.
• Periodically taking photographs if their appearance has changed.
• Verifying the accuracy of their information specific to their requirements of registration.
• Maintain and updating sex offender registration files of the Waco Police Department.
• Periodic telephone contact with Criminal Justice agencies to obtain and/or verify information necessary for the completion of a registration file.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and concerned citizens by demonstrating a knowledgeable, courteous, and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens regarding registered offenders residing in their neighborhoods.
• Maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Driving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• One year of experience in Social Work or Criminal Justice programs.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License
• Must complete Police Department Background Packet
• Must be able to pass a Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) background screening.
• Must be able to pass a polygraph.
• National/Texas Crime Information Centers (NCIC/TCIC) and Texas Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (TLETS) within six months from date of hire.
• Depending on the needs of the City, additional licenses and certifications may be required.
• An Associates Degree in Social work or Criminal Justice.
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2527341
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.