Website City of Waco
City of Waco
Salary: $52,640.93 Annually
Job Number: 2021 -01809
Location: Waco, TX
Under general supervision, compiles, analyzes, interprets, investigates and reports public health data for health research projects on the surveillance, detection and prevention of disease and public health crises; manages public health surveillance databases and compiles data for technical reports for the Public Health District (PHD).
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Plans, organizes, develops and coordinates the investigation and evaluation of the causes of undesirable health events such as death and disability.
• Conducts communicable disease investigations and develops public health preparedness strategies.
• Assists in the design, implementation and analysis of health and human service surveys and other research projects.
• Prepares and presents reports, statistical analyses, scientific papers, specific studies and trends in epidemiology and public health in order to assess the health needs of the community.
• Compiles and analyzes data; assures validity, accuracy and completeness of data; interprets the significance and meaning of data; analyzes multivariate and cluster trends in data analysis results and reports findings and anomalies.
• Assists with public health program evaluation and planning; assists in the development of grant proposals.
• Provides public education to citizens on a variety of public health topics; establishes and maintains databases.
• Generates maps for study of population demographics and undesirable health events.
• Analyzes PHD disease trends and mortality and morbidity rates and develops comparison reports.
• Assists PHD staff and representatives from other agencies through technical skills and survey design.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City wide emergency.
• Driving is essential.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Epidemiology, Public Health, Biological Science, or related science field.
• One year of professional experience in public health/environmental regulatory programs
• OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license.
• If BSN; professional registration as Registered Nurse by the Texas Board of Nursing.
• Additional technical certifications in public health are preferred and may be required.
• Public Health experience.
• Requires exerting up to 10 lbs. occasionally or minimal weights frequently; sitting for prolonged periods of time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2606821
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.