Website City of Waco
Fire Alarm Customer Service Representative
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2021 -01733
Location: Waco, TX
Minimum Starting Salary: $16.8300/hr
The start date for this position will be October 1, 2021 or after.
Under basic supervision, answers emergency and non-emergency calls for Waco Fire Department (WFD), emergency services agencies and general public.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Answers emergency and non-emergency calls for fire, personal assistance and emergency medical assistance; determines appropriate call classification and priority.
• Takes information from callers and enters information into the computer database; provides assistance and information.
• Dispatches appropriate resources and monitors active radio traffic; manages resources for appropriate coverage of the city; maintains radio and dispatching equipment.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required and one year of customer service and computer experience.
• Must be able to pass the Typing test – 40wpm
• Must be able to pass a Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) background screening.
• A valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2510818
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.