Website City of Waco
Health Office Specialist – Administration
City of Waco
Salary: $15.00 Hourly
Job Number: 2021 -01744
Location: Waco, TX
Minimum Starting Salary: $15.00/hr
Under basic supervision, performs basic office clerical and administrative support functions for Public Health staff and provides customer services for the general public; enters and retrieves data in automated records management systems; provides information within scope of authority.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Performs basic clerical and administrative duties in accordance with Department procedures and City policy, including data entry, record keeping, basic accounting, preparing and processing documents and maintaining files; makes and distributes copies; processes mail, documents, correspondence, invoices and other materials; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Provides customer service, information and assistance to visitors and others having business with the City; responds to requests for information within the scope of authority; assists customers with requests, applications, government forms and other documents.
• Updates and maintains a variety of electronic and paper files, records, reports, and documents; processes forms, records, and files; queries system databases as requested by authorized persons.
• Answers incoming telephone calls and directs the caller to the correct person or work group or takes and relays messages as appropriate; coordinates and schedules meetings and appointments as requested; cross-trains in other office support duties as needed.
• Maintains inventory of office supplies.
• Receives and sends information to and from other City departments, agencies and jurisdictions.
• May collects payments, makes daily deposits, and administers petty cash fund with adherence to cash handling policies and procedures.
• Will provide assistance to administrative staff; assigned tasks, monitor work, and encourage staff development.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond after hours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required.
• Driving is an essential function of the job.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• One year of customer service and computer experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Specific technical training and certifications may be required.
• One year of cash handling experience is preferred.
• Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm; May include after hours, weekends and holidays.
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2513960
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.