Website City of Waco
Housing Rehabilitation Specialist
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2021 -01742
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Community Services
Minimum Starting Salary: $17.13/hr
Under basic supervision, coordinates and oversees housing rehabilitation, revitalization and construction projects for the Lead Paint Hazard Control Program funded by Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) grant programs.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Monitors and coordinates the application and approval process for lead paint hazard control grant participants.
• Supervises contractors assigned to the lead hazard control program.
• Interprets program regulations.
• Serves as an information source for citizens requiring lead abatement/rehabilitation information.
• Reviews inspection reports and determines acceptability.
• Conducts environmental and lead paint hazard risk assessments.
• Assists in the development, maintaining and reviewing of the Lead Paint Hazard Control Program.
• Assists with the program budget.
• Maintains and oversees the maintenance of program records.
• Advises owners and occupants of dwellings on the requirements of the Lead Paint Hazard Control Program
• Make follow-up inspections of housing units.
• Refers violations to the appropriate City department for additional consultation.
• Prepares cost estimates and provides assistance to owners of dwellings in preparing and reviewing cost estimates and/or verifying privately provided cost estimates for home repairs.
• Advises owners and occupants of dwellings on requirements for abating violations of the City’s Housing Code and lead paint housing related health standards.
• Coordinates lead certification trainings as needed for sub-contractors and other program staff.
• Coordinates and oversees housing construction, rehabilitation and revitalization projects; prepares technical specifications and plans, performs environmental reviews and inspects projects to assure compliance with plans and standards.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Two year’ experience in construction, inspection, code enforcement, or plan review programs.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2516371
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.