Website City of Waco
HR Specialist – Claims
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2021 -01755
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Human Resources
Minimum starting salary $21.00 per hour
Under moderate supervision, reviews and processes technical documents for property and automotive liability claims and subrogation claims. Performs administrative duties in the processing of personnel actions and benefits.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assists with property and liability claims; maintains claims database, reviews and processes supporting documentation.
• Assists with obtaining information for subrogation recovery from third parties for damages incurred by the City.
• Tracks and maintains insurance certificates and contracts.
• Performs a variety of administrative functions related to staffing, compensation, and benefits; duties include processing transactional information and performing clerical and record keeping duties; data entry functions, employee tracking, records maintenance, and database management.
• Assists with annual benefits enrollment setup and processing.
• Performs duties in accordance with City policy and procedures and within scope of authority; duties may vary according to work assignment
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors, and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Associate degree in Business, Human Resources or a related field
• Two years’ experience in a progressive office environment, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid Texas Driver’s License
• Human Resource experience
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2524758
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.