Website City of Waco
Human Resources Recruiter
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2021 -01763
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Human Resources
Under general supervision, this position performs Human Resources (HR) functions such as recruiting compensation and classification. Provides advice and counsel on a variety of technical HR compliance issues, verifies City actions are in compliance with HR regulations and policies; and ensures that state and/or federal employment laws are followed in areas of assigned supervision.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Responsible for branding, sourcing, attracting, screening and recommending candidates for City positions;
• Perform talent acquisition activities such as phone and in-person screenings, candidate interviews and recommend final selection of applicants.
• Developing and executing creative recruiting plans and strategies that ensure hiring goals are met and equitable and nondiscriminatory practices are followed in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and other applicable state and federal regulations/laws.
• Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting efforts.
• Identify opportunities to build applicant pools, establish trust and partnerships with managers, gain comprehensive understanding of department hiring needs, identify potential “fit” through effective interviewing and ensure a positive new hire experience.
• Prepare recruitment materials and post positions on appropriate career boards, etc.
• Coordinate career hiring events and work with local schools/colleges to promote City positions.
• Analyzes operational information, including surveys, evaluates trends and develops plans to meet future needs; assures effective communication of HR issues.
• Provide optimal customer service by enforcing quality and customer service standards to promote the organization
• Develops techniques for compiling, preparing, and presenting HR related data.
• Interprets and explains federal and state rules and regulations and City policies; conducts studies, develops reports.
• Collect data, develops various HR related reports, and assists with development and maintenance of HR policies and procedures.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with vendors, citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work- related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field
• Two years of Human Resources experience OR an equivalent combination of experience and education
• Certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
• Requires exerting up to 10 lbs. occasionally or minimal weights frequently; sitting for prolonged periods of time.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2535700
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.