Website City of Waco
Latent Print / Crime Scene Technician – Part Time
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2021 -01732
Location: Waco, TX
Minimum Starting Salary: $17.8500 per hour
Under basic supervision, processes evidence, latent prints and other trace evidence for the Waco Police Department (WPD).
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Processes and preserves crime scene and accident scene evidence to aid in criminal and civil prosecutions; takes legal custody of fingerprints and other trace evidence; makes physical and automated (AFIS) fingerprint comparisons; prepares evidence for court presentations; takes fingerprints from suspects and public and processes as needed; assists other WPD Officers and Technicians as requested.
• Processes, secures and maintains the inventory of WPD evidence and preserves the legal chain of custody in compliance with state laws, City policies and WPD quality standards; documents handling of evidence; maintains activity logs and generates reports.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required.
• Driving is essential.
• Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Forensic Science, or a related field.
• Must be able to pass the Typing test – 40wpm
• Must complete Police Department Background Packet
• Must be able to pass a Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) background screening.
• Must be able to pass a polygraph.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• One year of experience in crime scene processing, latent print development and fingerprint comparison or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Various days and hours including overnight hours, weekends and holidays.
• Requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2510824
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.