Website City of Waco
Parks Construction Field Supervisor – CDL
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2021 -01762
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Parks & Recreation
Minimum Starting Salary: $20.38/hr
Under basic supervision, supervises work crews cleaning and maintaining City parks, grounds, and equipment; prioritizes and assigns work and verifies the quality of work completed.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervises and leads staff in maintaining and cleaning City parks and facilities; works independently and makes appropriate decisions based on work experience; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Assigns work, assures appropriate tools, equipment and materials are at the job site; monitors work site to assure that safety rules and regulations are followed and that the work zone and all equipment are in safe operating condition; reviews the work of assigned staff to assure the work quality and timely accomplishment of assigned duties and responsibilities; supervises setup for special events.
• Supervises a variety of administrative activities including records management, employee scheduling, payroll reporting and work activity reports; purchases supplies, maintains inventories and assures that adequate materials, supplies, and tools are available.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Ability to troubleshoot and maintain irrigation system.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Driving is essential.
• Associate’s Degree in Landscape Management, Earth Sciences, or a related field.
• Five years’ experience in landscaping/grounds maintenance or construction including supervisory experience
• OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Commercial Driver’s License.
• Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2535706
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.