Website City of Waco
Parks Maintenance Technician – Playground
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2021 -01734
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Parks & Recreation
Minimum Starting Salary: $17.0071/hr
Under basic supervision, maintains and designs the City’s ornamental landscaping. Performs repairs and maintenance of City Buildings, grounds, and playground equipment.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintains park facilities and grounds and follows all safety rules and regulations; works independently and makes appropriate decisions based on work experience; leads, schedules and instructs work crews.
• Responsible for building maintenance, and special events maintenance and basic construction.
• Enforces rules and regulations; assists with training new staff; reports unsafe acts, conditions, accidents and injuries; performs emergency cleaning and maintenance work as directed.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City wide emergency.
• Driving is an essential function of the job.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Three years of parks maintenance, general construction experience or mechanics.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Certification as a Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI) from the Texas Recreation & Park Society within 3 years.
• Monday – Friday 7:30am – 3:30pm; will require on-call
• Will work in a variety of weather conditions.
• Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2510828
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.