Website City of Waco
Public Health Education Specialist – COVID-19
City of Waco
Job Number: 2021-01800
Location: Waco, TX
Minimum Starting Salary: $45,473.31
Under basic supervision, prepares and presents health education materials, provides outreach services for at-risk populations; conducts public educational forums on priority health issues.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Plans and implements community outreach programs to promote health education, risk reduction and healthy behaviors; informs community of services available through Public Health District (PHD) and other community resources;
• Prepares credible and culturally appropriate educational/vaccine promotion materials; coordinates and presents training and public education programs to improve health literacy; collects, compiles and reports on community feedback and/or disparities that impact health.
• Identifies and develops activities to maximize COVID-19 and Influenza vaccination rates in the targeted communities
• Identifies and engages with new and existing community partners to address health disparities.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Driving is essential.
• Health equity and health disparities
• Record keeping and file maintenance principles and procedures, including grant program protocols.
• Presenting Public Health information to at-risk clients and the public.
• Utilizing standard personal computer software programs and specialized software.
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
• Developing health education materials.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Business, Public Administration, or a related field.
• One-year experience in training programs; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license.
• If BSN, professional registration as Registered Nurse by the Texas Board of Nursing required.
• Additional technical certification in Public Health may be required.
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2606833
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.