Website City of Waco
Public Health Emergency Preparedness Coordinator
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2021 -01812
Location: Waco, TX
Under general supervision, administers the Public Health District (PHD) comprehensive Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) Program to develop coordinated responses to public health and other civil emergencies; coordinates planning sessions and training and education programs.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Administers and coordinates Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) Program to develop coordinated responses to public health and other civil emergencies; assures Public Health District (PHD) is in compliance with federal and state emergency preparedness and response requirements.
• Determines goals and develops and maintains detailed written plans and guidelines to efficiently coordinate the response to natural and accidental public health and safety threats.
• Builds and maintains relationships with community partners, state agencies, municipalities, and public safety agencies to ensure effective implementation of response plans during emergencies and disasters.
• Manages PHEP grant administration and reporting and monitors expenditures; prepares, presents and submits reports to federal, state and regional emergency planning and response agencies.
• Manages contracts and agreements; collects, compiles, analyzes and maintains data on PHEP operations and grant program activities.
• Represents PHD with regional emergency response agencies; approves and coordinates special events, practice drills and training exercises; develops and presents after-action reports.
• Supervises PHEP Program Planners; assigns projects and evaluates work quality; assists PHEP Program Planners with plan development; reviews and approves completed planning assignments.
• Oversees the development and implementation of the Central Texas Medical Reserve Corps volunteer program.
• Provides leadership and subject matter expertise during responses to public health emergencies and disasters.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Driving is essential.
• State and federal statutes, rules, codes and regulations governing emergency preparedness and response activities, including Centers for Disease Control, State and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Central Texas Medical Reserve Corps (CTMRC), Texas Department of State Health Services protocols.
• Federal and state laws, codes, rules and regulations related to public and environmental health.
• Federal and state regulations and accountability standards.
• State and federal public health protocols and regulatory standards.
• Record keeping and file maintenance principles and procedures.
• Principles and practices of emergency management plans and programs.
• Regional community service agencies and other public assistance programs.
• Interpreting and applying emergency preparedness and response standards and procedures, applicable federal rules and regulations and PHD policies and procedures.
• Researching, analyzing and interpreting laws, governmental regulations and technical and administrative procedures.
• Compiling and analyzing program data, preparing and maintaining accurate records and generating reports.
• Utilizing standard personal computer software programs and specialized software.
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Public Health, Business or Public Administration, or a related field; AND five years’ experience in public health/environmental regulatory programs; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license.
• If BSN, professional registration as Registered Nurse by the Texas Board of Nursing is required, additional technical certification in Public Health may be required.
• Technical certifications in public health are preferred and may be required.
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2606836
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.