Website City of Waco
Public Health Intervention & Outreach Specialist – HIV/STD
City of Waco
Salary: $16.31 Hourly
Job Number: 2021 -01751
Location: Waco, TX
Under basic supervision, provides intervention and outreach services to persuade and educate Public Health District (PHD) clients and McLennan County Residents to complete actions required to prevent and mitigate communicable diseases.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Completes investigations, interventions, may require blood draws for communicable disease testing, interviews and assessments of PHD patients; provides ongoing case management services, explains PHD programs and links patients to other social service and health care agencies; persuades and motivates clients to take proper actions; maintains patient records and database; evaluates client progress and lab tests and provides counseling support.
• Assists with community outreach and assistance programs; provides health education to clients and their families, social contacts and the community; documents outreach, intervention and client service delivery.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Manage inventory of supplies and equipment and performs office duties as needed.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent.
• One-year experience in social services or public health programs.
• Must possess a valid Driver’s license.
• Specific technical certifications in public health may be required for some incumbents.
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2524767
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.