Website City of Waco
Recreation Lead – Bledose
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2021 -01713
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Parks & Recreation
Starting Salary: $15.5370/hr. minimum – $20.1779/hr. midpoint (Depending on qualifications)
Under close supervision, assists in the delivery of City recreation programs and events.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides and promotes recreation activities and events for City residents; sets up recreation sites and facilities for events and scheduled programs; maintains equipment and facilities in clean and safe condition; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Provides first point of contact for customer service.
• Organizes recreation activities, supervises program participants and enforces rules, regulations and safety precautions at indoor and outdoor facilities; maintains discipline, monitors behavior and resolves issues.
• Develops promotional media for events and special programs; tutors youth and assists with schoolwork.
• Reports and resolves complaints, requests, safety conditions, security issues and illegal activities.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Performs other related or assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• High School diploma or GED Equivalent
• Two years of recreation experience. Can substitute Associates degree in a related field for years of experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Able to obtain CPR/ First Aid Certification and Food Handler’s Certification.
• Depending on the needs of the recreation center assigned to, may require bilingual testing and certification.
• Various Days & Hours including Weekends – Schedule is subject to change depending on staffing needs.
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2510834
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.