Website City of Waco
Senior Administrative Assistant – Public Works
City of Waco
Salary: $15.54 – $24.82 Hourly
Job Number: 2021 -01683
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Public Works
Under basic supervision, performs experienced executive support services and administrative duties for Department Directors; supervises and coordinates administrative staff and functions.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides a variety of secretarial, technical support and administrative duties for a Department Director; works independently and makes appropriate decisions based on work experience and training; duties may vary according to job assignment and individual skills.
• Supervises Department administrative workflow; applies specific knowledge of policies and procedures in order to organize and coordinate work and relieve the Department Director of administrative detail.
• Exercises initiative and independent judgment in performing administrative duties; applies judgment to resolving problems, analyzing data and making decisions; tracks Department issues and assures the effective communication of operational information.
• Manages assigned special projects for Department programs and functions; researches and compiles a variety of informational material from external and internal sources into narrative and statistical reports for special projects, community issues and departmental functions.
• Supervises and provides technical leadership and assistance to administrative staff; assigns tasks, monitors work, develops staff skills and coordinates cross-training.
• Answers questions where judgment, knowledge and interpretation of City policies, procedures and regulations are necessary; responds independently to inquiries and resolves problems and customer service inquiries within scope of authority.
• Maintains calendars and resolves complex meeting and travel schedules; coordinates meeting rooms and resources; coordinates development of meeting agendas, action item lists and presentation materials.
• Composes and creates letters, memoranda and official documents from general direction, standard formats, copy, rough drafts and dictation; monitors and reviews accounting, budgets and expenditures.
• Maintains department files; researches files and computer databases; collects and compiles statistical data; develops and creates a variety of technical and statistical reports; updates manual and computer records and tracking systems; assures all administrative actions are in compliance with City policy.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• City organization, operations, policies and procedures.
• City administration policies, including accounting, budgeting, payroll and personnel rules.
• Professional standards for business correspondence, writing, spelling and grammar.
• Customer service standards and protocols.
• Principles of record keeping, records retention, records management and file maintenance.
• Local community resources and regional community issues.
• Working independently, maintaining composure and confidentiality and working effectively in a professional environment with changing priorities.
• Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
• Planning, prioritizing and completing assignments with minimum supervision.
• Writing professional reports and correspondence from brief instructions.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, elected officials, special interest groups, advocates and representatives from other regional agencies.
• Dealing tactfully and courteously with the general public and others seeking information about City functions and activities.
• Operating a personal computer utilizing standard and specialized software and entering information into a computer system with speed and accuracy.
• Following verbal and written instructions.
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent and four years of public sector administrative support experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2510840
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.