Website City of Waco
Sr. Applications Analyst
City of Waco
Job Number: 2021 -01814
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Information Technology
Minimum Starting Salary: $60,938.50
As a member of the Enterprise Applications team, under general supervision, provides software support for the City’s computer programs, peripherals and equipment for the Information Technology (IT) Department.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Facilitate the implementation, maintenance, and support of all enterprise applications.
• Possess a deep understanding of applications, supporting infrastructure and systems integrations, as well as business processes, user access and permission levels, workflows, data requirements and general best practices; working with application vendors for installations, setup, troubleshooting and upgrades; and engaging with department stakeholders to identify application and process improvement opportunities.
• Demonstrate significant proficiency with all phases of software testing including planning and execution.
• Designs database, data models, ETL processes, data warehouse applications and business intelligence (BI) reports through the use of best practices and tools, including .Net languages, SQL, SSRS and Crystal Reports
• Creates and tests SQL stored procedures (SPRPCs), user defined functions (UDFs), and triggers
• Works independently to identify and analyze IT operations, prioritize solutions and assure that enterprise applications are available, reliable and efficient.
• Manages IT projects for implementation and integration of new technology and system upgrades.
• Prepares detailed program design specifications from which programs are developed and coded to meet complex business needs.
• Ensures programs meet standards and technical specifications; performs technical analysis and component delivery.
• Analyzes and makes changes to the application programs, including development, maintenance, upgrades, installations, user access, second tier assistance, testing and security.
• Identifies problems and diagnoses and troubleshoots operational issues; monitors operational and access trends and enforces security protocols.
• Performs systems maintenance and updates according to IT Department procedures and industry standards.
• Refers complex problems to IT Management and tracks the problem until it has been resolved.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency or as required.
• Driving is essential.
• City organization, operations, policies and procedures.
• Current IT operations, policies and procedures.
• Software and peripheral equipment maintenance and troubleshooting techniques.
• Network system access and security guidelines and standards.
• Principles and practices of technology management, project planning and systems integration in a public sector environment.
• Analyzing IT issues, evaluating alternatives and developing recommendations and strategies.
• Working independently in a technical environment with interlinked and changing priorities.
• Quickly and effectively diagnosing and resolving technical problems in a network environment.
• Assessing customer support needs and developing and implementing effective solutions.
• Interpreting and completing technical instructions and complex variables.
• Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
• Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field is required; AND three years’ experience with database development administration and support, as well as report development experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is desirable.
• Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle and other professional IT certifications are desirable.
• Some incumbents may be required to obtain additional specific skills training and technical certifications.
• Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2608571
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.