Website City of Waco
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Lead
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2021 -01771
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Water Utilities
Minimum Starting Pay $22.4700
Under basic supervision, oversees daily operations of the Wastewater Treatment Plants (WWTP) for the Water Utility Services Department (WUSD).
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Oversees and coordinates the operations of WWTP facilities and equipment; monitors operations, verifies proper functioning, makes process adjustments within scope of authority; performs work in accordance with all quality standards and WUSD procedures; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Observes and monitors WWTP equipment and process control system; assigns staff to work stations and assists with technical and operational issues; maintains, adjusts, troubleshoots and repairs equipment and components to meet WWTP specifications; maintains records of services performed.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Four years’ WWTP Operator experience
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License
• Class B Wastewater license from Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
• According to the needs of the City additional training and certifications may be required.
• Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
• Must be capable of performing confined space entry.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2550265
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.