Website City of Waco
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2021 -01753
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Water Utilities
Starting Minimum Rate: $17.00 per hour
**2 Positions Available**
Under basic supervision, performs a combination of basic and semi-skilled work in the maintenance of the Wastewater Treatment Plants (WWTP) for the Water Utility Services Department (WUSD).
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assists in the operation of WWTP facilities and equipment; performs work in accordance with all quality standards, safety regulations and procedures; duties will vary according to job assignment and skill level.
• Observes and monitors WWTP equipment and process control system; cleans, maintains and adjusts equipment and components to meet WWTP specifications; collects samples and checks equipment to verify proper operating conditions; maintains records of services performed.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Ensures the wastewater treatment plant meets TCEQ permit limitation standards at all times.
• Performs other assigned or related tasks as required.
• Driving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED
• One year of WWTP operator and/or maintenance experience
• Valid Texas Driver’s License
License & Certifications:
• Class C Wastewater Treatment license from Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) must be obtained within 2.5 years of hire date.
• According to the needs of the City, additional training and certifications may be required within 2.5 years.
• Requires exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or a up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Major activities are performed outdoors, may be exposed to all weather conditions.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2524770
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.