Website City of Waco
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2021 -01758
Location: Waco, TX
Minimum Starting Salary: $16.00/hr
Maintains the official inventory of the institution’s collection. Coordinates the institution’s centralized record of animal births, deaths, acquisitions and transfers and behavior, usually on computer and utilizing relevant animal databases. Coordinate animal transactions with other institutions, carriers and appropriate regulatory bodies. Provides information regarding animal breeding, ancestry, diet, behavior and training for internal and external research and other purposes. Under basic supervision, performs variety of tasks related to the maintenance of the animal collection inventory, records, and shipments. Responsible for inventory, shipments, communications, and request from studbooks, keepers, and others. Assist in the management of animal records, ensures maintenance and quality of animal records for use in management and development of husbandry and breeding programs, preparation for scientific publications, provision of data cooperative ventures at the regional and international levels. The Registrar collaborates with Supervisory staff.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Record daily transactions including births, deaths, and behavioral, reproductive, and medical notes; report these to the Deputy Director, General Curator and Supervisory Staff and enters this data on ISIS/ARKS/ZIMS.
• Provide a complete inventory and record of all animal actions upon request.
• Maintains permits, animal inventory management; files reports to AZA, Federal, State and local agencies as assigned.
• Review record keeping and transaction procedures, recommend changes, and implement to improve standards of management.
• Maintain and organize the archive system of historical logs and records and assure their security.
• Compose loans as directed by the Deputy Director, General Curator and Supervisory Staff and monitors the status of incoming and outgoing loans.
• Maintain files of all documents related to animal transactions (loan agreements, contracts, etc.)
• Assist in publishing an annual inventory using ARKS format and periodically consult with staff to develop more useful formats.
• Direct document preparation, logistics planning and scheduling for animal shipments.
• Procure and maintain required Federal, State and Local permits necessary for the maintenance and transport of wildlife in accordance with regulations.
• Serve as liaison between the Zoo and outside organizations/institutions (including ISIS), as well as other departments within the Zoo.
• Assist in monitoring the Zoo’s participation in Species Survival Plans by maintaining SSP correspondence.
• Provide statistical analysis and reports for various departments regarding the animal collection.
• Provide Zoo data for studbook reports, questionnaires, surveys, and SSP updates (or direct to appropriate staff members).
• Provides a variety of technical support and administrative duties the department; makes appropriate decisions based on work experience and training; duties may vary according to job assignment and individual skills.
• Exercise initiative and independent judgment in performing duties; applies judgment to resolving problems, analyzing data, and making decisions; tracks department issues and assures the effective communication of operational information.
• Manages assigned special projects for department programs and functions; researches and compiles a variety of informational material from external and internal sources into narrative and statistical reports.
• Answers questions where judgment, knowledge and interpretation of City policies, procedures and regulations are necessary; responds independently to inquiries and resolves problems and customer service inquiries within scope of authority.
• Maintains department files; research files and computer databases; collects and compiles statistical data; develops and creates a variety of technical and statistical reports; updates manual and computer records and tracking systems.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Two years of experience in animal care or records management experience.
• Experience using any of the following animal records software:
• ISIS, ZIMS, ARKS, REGASP, and SPARKS
• A valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2527344
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.