Website City of Waco
Assistant Golf Professional | Parks and Recreation| REQ-1491
Job Family: Field Maintenance
Posting Start Date: 05/06/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Minimum Hourly Rate: $16.31
Hours: Various days and hours, weekends and/or holidays.
PRIMARY DUTY: Under basic supervision, assists with golf course operations at the Cottonwood Creek Golf Course (CCGC) for the Parks and Recreation (P&R) Department; assists with instructional programs, tournaments, merchandising, technical sales and daily operations of the golf facilities and support services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Assists with clubhouse merchandising, display and inventory control for golf shop; maintains a level of service to keep pace with customer needs and requests; duties may vary according to job assignment.
· Sells golf supplies and equipment; assists customers with technical equipment purchases, repairs and club; promotes and sells golf shop merchandise.
· Conducts group golf lessons and clinics, including player development program; works with golfers on proper form and technique; provides technical advice on the rules of golf.
· Assists with developing and promoting tournaments; assists as Tournament Coordinator as assigned.
· Oversees the operations and maintenance of golf course and related assets; assures that facilities are clean, safe, secure and in compliance with state and federal regulations and City standards.
· Works with the golf course maintenance crews to assure a healthy and manicured golf course.
· Greets golf course guests and provides prompt, courteous and friendly customer services; responds to requests for information and explains rules, policies and procedures.
· Collects greens fees and cart rental fees; accurately accounts for funds received and reconciles cash register sales with daily sales report; prepares accounting reports for receipts and deposits as directed.
· Assigns tee times for daily golf course use and coordinates play.
· Enforces golf rules and City regulations and polices the course to regulate play and the conduct of players.
· Assists with management of food and beverage services.
· Promotes recreation programs and services to local community agencies, advocates and citizen groups.
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· City policies and procedures.
· Policies, rules and regulations governing the conduct and safety of public recreation programs.
· Golf course and turf maintenance principles and techniques.
· Rules, regulations, player responsibilities, sportsmanship, etiquette and traditions of the game of golf.
· Sports merchandising, sales psychology, sports fashion trends and golf equipment trends.
· Golf instruction techniques.
· Playing the game of golf and instructing all phases of the game to others.
· Monitoring operations and assuring golf course facilities are properly and safely maintained.
· Managing sports competitions and tournaments.
· Interpreting customer needs and solving customer service and public relations issues.
· Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
· Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with Co-workers.
· Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
Associate’s Degree in Business, Recreation Management, Marketing, or related field is required; AND three years’ experience in golf course management and retail merchandising; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
· Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
· Registration as an Apprentice or Member in the Professional Golf Association (PGA) in a Level I and passing of the Playing Ability Test of the PGA is preferred.
· Certification as a Class A member of the Professional Golf Association (PGA) is preferred.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an ‘at-will’ relationship.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The City of Waco provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office at (254) 750-5740.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org