Website City of Waco
Deputy Court Clerk | Municipal Court | Job Number 2021-01629
Job Family: Office Clerical
Posting Start Date: 06/15/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Under basic supervision, performs basic legal clerical work in support of the operations of the Municipal Court; processes legal documents and manages court records; provides information and customer service to the public within scope of authority.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Enters court information and other data into City computer systems; accesses and locates information for customers, staff, authorized agencies and others; notifies other agencies and departments as needed.
· Assists customers with court procedures, payments and legal documents; assists with jury tasks; responds to requests for information within the scope of authority and training.
· Collects, posts and balances payments and accurately reconciles daily cash transactions;
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
· Driving is essential.
· City policies and procedures.
· Applicable state and Federal rules and regulations and City codes.
· Principles of record keeping and records management.
· Criminal Justice System
· Open Records request applicable to Municipal Court tasks.
· Explaining court procedures and processes.
· Operating a personal computer utilizing specialized software and entering information into a computer system with speed and accuracy.
· Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers and clients.
· Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
· Use of collection research tools for accurate citation entry.
· High School diploma or GED is required and two year’s technical clerical experience, preferably in a law enforcement or justice agency.
· Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
· Must complete Texas Municipal Court Clerk Training thru TMCEC within 2 years.
· Requires exerting up to 10 lbs. occasionally or minimal weights frequently; sitting for prolonged periods of time.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com