Website City of Waco
Facilities Maintenance Technician (non-CDL) | General Services | Job Number 2021-01661
Job Family: Field Maintenance
Posting Start Date: 07/07/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Salary: $32,316.96 – $51,623.10 Annually
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Under general supervision, performs skilled and semi-skilled building trades work in the repair and maintenance of City buildings and grounds, including basic plumbing and electrical, carpentry, irrigation, welding and security systems; performs work in compliance with quality and safety standards.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled building trades work in the maintenance, adjustment, installation, replacement and repair of equipment and components in buildings, grounds and facilities; works independently and makes appropriate decisions based on work experience and training; duties may vary according to job assignment and individual skills.
· Inspects buildings and grounds, identifies deficiencies; performs maintenance, repairs and component replacement on mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems and equipment; performs work within scope of authority and training and in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures.
· Reviews maintenance and repair requests; diagnoses and corrects building maintenance problems using knowledge of a variety of building trades skills; troubleshoots, identifies and resolves malfunctions and defects; inspects completed work for conformance to building quality and safety standards.
· Performs maintenance and preventive maintenance of grounds, landscaping and irrigation systems; cleans work area of debris; disposes of all material in accordance with City policy and safety standards.
· Monitors work sites to verify that the work zone and all equipment are in safe operating condition; verifies maintenance and repair issues are properly identified, addressed and resolved.
· Operates a variety of specialized vehicles and equipment in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures.
· Checks facilities and grounds for unsafe conditions; clears hazards and dangerous areas; reports safety conditions, security issues and illegal activities; reports problems and emergency situations.
· Notifies supervisor of complex problems beyond the scope of authority and abilities of the Technician; assists licensed Technicians with special projects as assigned.
· Cross-trains in a variety of work methods and the use and maintenance of equipment and tools.
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
· Perform other assigned or related duties as required.
· Driving is essential.
· City policies and procedures.
· Methods, procedures, materials, equipment and techniques used for public works repair and maintenance projects, including carpentry, plumbing, welding, HVAC, irrigation, welding, security systems and electrical skills.
· Federal and state safety rules and regulations, including OSHA requirements.
· Safety rules and regulations, occupational hazards and safety precautions in public facilities.
· Performing a wide variety of skilled and semi-skilled buildings and grounds maintenance work.
· Using standard repair and maintenance methods on mechanical, electrical, plumbing, security and HVAC systems.
· Inspecting buildings and identifying maintenance and repair problems.
· Reading and interpreting plans, schematics and technical specifications.
· Promoting and enforcing safe work practices, including safe use of chemicals.
· Inspecting, servicing and maintaining vehicles, tools and specialized equipment.
· Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers.
· Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
· High School Diploma or GED
· Four years’ experience in a variety of skilled trades work
· Valid Texas Driver’s License
· Requires exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or a up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
· Major activities are performed indoors and/or outdoors and may be exposed to all weather conditions.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com