Website City of Waco
Food Service Coordinator | Zoo | Job Number 2021-01628
Job Family: Professional Technical
Posting Start Date: 06/14/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Salary: $36,279.36 Annually
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Under basic supervision, oversees food concession services for the City.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Oversees food concession services, including retail operations and staff; manages menus, food preparation and budgets for sales and inventory; compiles financial and operational information and generates management reports.
· Visits food service sites to verify compliance with safety and health standards; monitors operations, evaluates operational efficiency, inspects cleanliness of work areas and resolves operational issues
· Manages staff; assigns tasks and projects; trains and evaluates staff; develops staff skills and conducts performance evaluations; meets regularly with staff to discuss and resolve workload and operational issues
· Maintains the point-of sale (POS) system in the cafés
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
· Performs other duties as required or assigned.
· Driving is essential.
· City policies and procedures.
· Safety and sanitation practices and methods for food preparation, distribution and storage.
· Principles and practices of retail food sales, purchasing and inventory management.
· Techniques and practices for efficient and cost effective management of resources.
· Reviewing retail food operations, identifying potential safety hazards, promoting and enforcing safe work practices and verifying compliance with state and Federal regulations.
· Managing retail operations, compiling and analyzing data and developing operational reports.
· Operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of business software.
· Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
· Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required
· Two years’ progressively responsible experience in commercial food service environment and management.
· Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
· Texas ServSafe and food handler’s certification.
· Requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org