Website City of Waco
Health Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) | Health | Job Number 2021-01584
Job Family: Professional Technical
Posting Start Date: 06/15/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Salary: $18.89 Hourly
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Under basic supervision, provides patient care, intervention, and outreach services to persuade and educate Public Health District (PHD) clients and McLennan County Residents to complete actions required to prevent and mitigate communicable disease.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· It is the responsibility of a License Vocational Nurse, under the supervision of the RN Supervisor and/or Public Health Program Manager to perform routine patient care for PHD clinic patients; observes and assesses patients’ conditions and behavior; reviews patients’ records and records nursing notes on patient chart; performs a variety of medical tests, patient care treatments and prepares and administers medications; provides information, counseling and medical case management according to specific program and physician guidelines; assists with outreach programs and community education
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work- related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
· Completes investigations, interventions, may require blood draws for communicable disease testing, interviews and assessments of PHD patients; provides ongoing case management services, explains PHD programs and links patients to other social service and health care agencies; persuades and motivates clients to take proper actions; maintains patient records and database; evaluates client progress and lab tests and provides counseling support.
· Assists with community outreach and assistance programs; provides health education to clients and their families, social contacts and the community; documents outreach, intervention and client service delivery.
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work- related issues and City information.
· Manage inventory of supplies and equipment and performs office duties as needed.
· Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
· Driving is essential.
· City & local policies and procedures.
· Texas Department of State Health Services policies, procedures and regulations governing public health programs.
· Methods, practices and procedures for interviewing and assisting public health clients and community partners.
· Underlying social and physical factors facing client groups and strategies to resolve core issues.
· Modern nursing principles, techniques and procedures for the care of patients.
· Medical terminology, anatomy, physiology and concepts of disease.
· State and federal public health protocols and regulatory standards.
· Performing routine patient care and monitoring health conditions of patients.
· Assessing and evaluating medical and social problems and providing outreach and advocacy services.
· Performing casework services and working effectively with others to manage solutions.
· Monitoring and controlling the confidentiality of Public Health files and reports.
· Utilizing standard personal computer software programs and specialized state and county software.
· Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
· High School education or GED equivalent and current LVN license in this state or permit to practice.
· Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
· Professional registration as Licensed Vocational Nurse by the Texas Board of Nursing is required.
· Additional technical certifications in public health are preferred and may be required.
· Public Health experience.
· Requires exerting up to 10 lbs. occasionally or minimal weights frequently; sitting for prolonged periods of time.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com