Website City of Waco
Health Nurse Supervisor – Immunization | Public Health| REQ-1541
Job Family: Management Supervisor
Posting Start Date: 05/03/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Minimum Salary: $64,000.00
Hours: Various days and hours including evenings, weekends
PRIMARY DUTY: Under basic supervision, provides patient care, supervises designated staff for the Public Health District (PHD); assures the services provided meet the program requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Provides direct patient care for clinic and out-patients; assesses patients’ conditions and behavior; reviews patients’ records and records nursing notes on patient chart; performs a variety of medical tests and patient care treatments; provides medical case management according to specific program and physician guidelines; manages inventory of supplies and equipment; compiles data and develops summary and status reports; duties may vary according to job assignment.
· Supervises staff, assigns duties, monitors operations and reviews the work of assigned staff to assure the efficient and timely accomplishment of assigned duties and responsibilities.
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
· May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
· Driving is essential.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· City policies and procedures and grant regulations.
· Modern nursing principles, techniques and procedures for the care of patients.
· Medical terminology, anatomy, physiology and concepts of disease.
· State and federal public health protocols and regulatory standards.
· Performing nursing assessments and monitoring health conditions of patients
· Monitoring and controlling the confidentiality of Public Health files and reports.
· Utilizing standard personal computer software programs and specialized state and County software.
· Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
Associates Degree in Nursing with five years nursing experiences or a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required and 2 years nursing experience; including supervisory experience required; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Public Health experience is preferred.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
· Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license.
Professional registration as Registered Nurse by the Texas Board of Nursing is required.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an ‘at-will’ relationship.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The City of Waco provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office at (254) 750-5740.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com