Website City of Waco
Health WIC Certification Specialist | Health | Job Number 2021-01638
Job Family: Office Clerical
Posting Start Date: 06/23/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Salary: $14.00 – $17.00 Hourly
Under basic supervision, assist in the certification of WIC applicants and performs tasks involving issuing, scheduling and maintaining participant files.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Interviews residents and collects documentation to determine client’s WIC program eligibility; performs tasks involving the issuance of benefits, scheduling/rescheduling, follow up appointments, file maintenance and provides general WIC information.
· Interviews residents and reviews documentation to determine client’s WIC program eligibility; performs basic physical status checks; provides nutrition assessments and education and maintain records.
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
· Performs other duties as required or assigned.
· Driving is essential.
· City policies and procedures.
· State and local WIC Nutrition Program policies, procedures and reporting standards.
· Basic nutrition.
· Presenting nutritional information to PHD program participants and the public.
· Utilizing standard personal computer software programs and specialized state and County software.
· Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent
· One year of experience in a medical or social service programs.
· Successful completion of specific Public Health training programs is required.
· Successful completion of WIC State Certification training required within one year of hire.
· Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition, Food Sciences, Health, Social Work; Education or related field.
· Bilingual is desired.
· Experience with WIC is desired.
· Requires exerting up to 10 lbs. occasionally or minimal weights frequently; sitting for prolonged periods of time.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an ‘at-will’ relationship.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The City of Waco provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office at (254) 750-5740.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com