Website City of Waco
IT Technicican | Information Technology | Job Number 2021-01632
Job Family: Professional
Posting Start Date: 06/16/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Salary: $19.83 Hourly
Under general supervision, provides first-level technical support for City employees for the Information Technology (IT) Department; maintains computer hardware, software and specialty equipment.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Maintains and upgrades hardware, peripherals, specialty equipment and software applications; responds to requests for assistance, provides first-level technical support and resolves problems within scope of authority and training; duties may vary according to job assignment.
· Provides technical support and training and implements solutions according to IT Department procedures.
· Adds new users and sets access controls; maintains, tests and troubleshoots desktop systems.
· Performs system maintenance and updates according to IT Department procedures and industry standards.
· Refers complex problems to senior technical staff and tracks the problem until it has been resolved.
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
· Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
· Driving is essential.
· City policies and procedures and current IT operations, policies and procedures.
· Computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment maintenance and troubleshooting techniques.
· Network system access and security guidelines and standards.
· Working independently in a technical environment with interlinked and changing priorities.
· Assessing customer support needs and developing and implementing effective solutions.
· Using basic tools, equipment and procedures for repairing computers and peripheral devices.
· Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
· Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
· Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field and one year of technical support experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
· Must be able to pass Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) security clearance.
· Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an ‘at-will’ relationship.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The City of Waco provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office at (254) 750-5740.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org