Website City of Waco
Park Ranger | Parks & Recreation| Job Number 2021-01663
Job Family: Field Maintenance
Posting Start Date: 07/09/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Minimum Rate: $14.7971 per hour – Midpoint $19.2171 per hour (Depending on qualifications)
Under basic supervision, monitors operations at City Parks and facilities and enforces City rules and regulations; inspects facilities and grounds to provide safety and security to workers and guests.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Patrols, inspects and monitors Park facilities, equipment and grounds; verifies effective security of property and premises and proper working order of equipment; looks for unusual and suspicious activities and persons; opens, closes and secures buildings and facilities; duties may vary according to job assignment.
· Provides active security for special events, enforces City rules and regulations.
· Provides exceptional customer service and acts as a source of information and assistance to inform the public of park information, rules regulations, laws, ordinances, and municipal codes. Assists clients and guests as needed; leads park tours and assists with education and presentation programs.
· Assists Park Ranger Supervisor with administrative duties.
· Anticipates and solves problems and/or provides reports to appropriate agency.
· Issues notices of park exclusions for violations and determines need for and calls for police assistance.
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
· Will be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
· Performs other related or assigned duties as required.
· Driving is essential.
· City policies and procedures.
· Use and maintenance of communications equipment.
· Occupational hazards and safety precautions.
· Geography, roads and landmarks of City and surrounding areas.
· Remains alert at all times and reacts quickly and calmly in emergency situations.
· Closely following verbal and written instructions and procedures.
· Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
· Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
· High School diploma or GED is required.
· Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
· Must be able to pass the Customer Service Mindset test – 80%
· One year customer service experience is preferred.
· Associate’s Degree is preferred.
· Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com