Website City of Waco
Parks Groundskeeper | Parks & Recreation | Job Number 2021-01595
Job Family: Field Management
Posting Start Date: 06/24/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Under close supervision, performs unskilled and semiskilled general labor work in cleaning and maintenance of City parks and grounds.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Performs unskilled and semiskilled manual labor tasks to maintain safe and attractive park system; maintains park facilities and grounds, enforces rules and regulations and follows all safety rules and regulations to minimize risk of accidents; duties may vary according to job assignment.
· Operates basic equipment and performs basic tasks, including weed control, mowing and watering; cleans up trash and debris and cleans facilities; prunes and trims trees and shrubs; loads and hauls materials.
· Maintains tools and equipment; reports unsafe acts, conditions, accidents and injuries; performs emergency cleaning and maintenance work as directed.
· Works under various weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
· Performs other assigned or related duties as required.
· Driving is essential.
· City policies and procedures.
· Tools and equipment used in parks and grounds maintenance.
· Closely following verbal and written instructions and procedures and safe work practices.
· Maintaining equipment and small tools in proper operating condition.
· Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
· Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
· Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
· One year of experience in landscaping/grounds keeping work.
· Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an ‘at-will’ relationship.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The City of Waco provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office at (254) 750-5740.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com