Website City of Waco
Parks Irrigation Supervisor | Parks & Recreation | Job Number 2021-01643
Job Family: Field Management
Posting Start Date: 06/25/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Salary: $17.99 – $28.73 Hourly
Under basic supervision, supervises work crews cleaning and maintaining City parks, grounds and equipment; prioritizes and assigns work and verifies the quality of work completed.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Supervises and leads staff in maintaining and cleaning City parks and facilities; works independently and makes appropriate decisions based on work experience; duties may vary according to job assignment.
· Assigns work, assures appropriate tools, equipment and materials are at the job site; monitors work site to assure that safety rules and regulations are followed and that the work zone and all equipment are in safe operating condition; reviews the work of assigned staff to assure the work quality and timely accomplishment of assigned duties and responsibilities; supervises setup for special events.
· Supervises a variety of administrative activities including records management, employee scheduling, payroll reporting and work activity reports; purchases supplies, maintains inventories and assures that adequate materials, supplies and tools are available.
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
· Ability to troubleshoot and maintain irrigation system.
· May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
· Driving is essential.
· City policies and procedures.
· Methods, materials and equipment used in the maintenance of municipal parks.
· Occupational hazards and safety precautions, including proper use and storage of chemicals and OSHA Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for hazardous chemicals used in the workplace.
· Geography, roads and landmarks of City and surrounding areas.
· Enforcing City procedures and safe work practices.
· Prioritizing and assigning work and supervising work crews.
· Working independently to complete daily activities according to work schedule.
· Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
· Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
· Associate’s Degree in Landscape Management, Earth Sciences, or a related field and five years’ experience in landscaping/grounds maintenance; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must possess a valid Texas Driver License.
· According to the needs of the City, specific training and certifications may be required.
· Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an ‘at-will’ relationship.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The City of Waco provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office at (254) 750-5740.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com