Website City of Waco
Police Records Representative – PT | Police| Code: REQ-1361
Job Family: Office Clerical
Posting Start Date: 11/18/2020 | Closing: Open Until Filled
Minimum Hourly Rate: $14.09
Hours: Various days and hours, not to exceed 19 hours per week.
PRIMARY DUTY: Under basic supervision, processes Waco Police Department (WPD) report requests, enters data into secure computer databases, performs research and provides information within scope of authority.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs basic clerical duties in accordance with WPD policy and procedures, including data entry, record keeping and preparing and processing documents; duties may vary according to job assignment.
- Transcribes and processes Officer reports, processes information requests and maintains files and database records; assists customers with payments, reports, applications and technical documents.
- Processes a variety of public records and requests; answers inquiries and explains policies and procedures; provides information and assistance within scope of authority;
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Driving is essential.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- City policies and procedures.
- Policies, rules and regulations governing the management and safety of police records.
- Principles and practices of confidential records management and file maintenance.
- Explaining laws and regulations and following verbal and written instructions and procedures.
- Dealing tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Operating a personal computer utilizing standard and specialized software and entering information with speed and accuracy.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required; AND one year of customer service and clerical experience.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Specific technical training and certifications are required, including training for access to National/Texas Crime Information Centers (NCIC/TCIC); depending on the needs of the City, additional licenses and certifications may be required.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an ‘at-will’ relationship.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The City of Waco provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office at (254) 750-5740.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com