Website City of Waco
Police Recruit | Police| Job Number 2021-01630
Job Family: Field Maintenance
Posting Start Date: 06/15/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Salary: $22.97 – $30.33 Hourly
Under close supervision, attends training from Texas Commission on Law Enforcement and Waco Police Department (WPD) to obtain Basic Peace Officers License and certification.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Attends classroom training sessions and takes notes required to obtain Basic Peace Officer Certification.
· Completes and passes written, oral and skills proficiency examinations for a wide variety of required Peace Officer skills and knowledge and maintains required levels of proficiency.
· Participates in physical conditioning training and testing and maintains required levels of physical fitness.
· Maintains the integrity, professionalism, values and goals of the Police Department by assuring that all rules and regulations are followed, and that accountability and public trust are preserved.
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
· Successful performance in and progression through Police Academy training.
· Ability to testify in court proceedings.
· Performs other duties as required or assigned.
· Driving is essential
· City and WPD policies and procedures.
· Safe work practices, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
· Geography, roads and landmarks of City and surrounding areas.
· Maintaining academic and professional standards in accordance with WPD policies.
· Following verbal and written instruction.
· Reading and understanding training materials and completing written, physical and skills testing.
· Learning and applying training materials and training instructions.
· Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent; 15 hours of college credit with at least a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale, or two years of active-duty military experience from the US Armed Forces with an honorable discharge or 2 years continuous experience as a paid full-time police officer.
· Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
Very Heavy Work:
· Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an ‘at-will’ relationship.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The City of Waco provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office at (254) 750-5740.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org