Website City of Waco
Public Health Education Specialist | Health| Job Number 2021-01630
Job Family: Professional Technical
Posting Start Date: 07/06/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Salary: $45,473.31 Annually
Under basic supervision, prepares and presents health education materials, provides outreach services for at-risk populations; conducts public educational forums on priority health issues.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Plans and presents community outreach programs to promote health education, risk reduction and healthy behaviors; informs community of services available through Public Health District (PHD) and other community resources; prepares and delivers presentations on assigned health topics.
· Prepares educational materials; coordinates and presents training and public education programs; collects, compiles and maintains data on PHD health education activities.
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
· Researches health education issues; prepares educational materials; coordinates and presents training and public education programs; collects, compiles and maintains data on PHD health education activities.
· Prepares grant proposals and updates public access websites, assists with training PHD staff.
· Driving is essential.
· City policies and procedures.
· Record keeping and file maintenance principles and procedures, including grant program protocols.
· Presenting Public Health information to at-risk clients and the public.
· Utilizing standard personal computer software programs and specialized software.
· Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
· Developing grant proposals.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Business, Public Administration, or a related field is required; AND one-year experience in training programs; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· If BSN, professional registration as Registered Nurse by the Texas Board of Nursing.
· Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license.
Additional technical certification in Public Health.
· Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
· Minimum salary starts at $45, 473.31 and/or is commensurate with experience.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org