Website City of Waco
Public Health Information and Communication Specialist
City of Waco
Salary: $19.82 – $22.79 Hourly
Job Number: 2022-01001
Location: Waco, TX
Job Type: Full Time
This is a grant funded position.
Under general supervision, coordinates internal and external communications for the Health District related to COVID-19 vaccines and adult immunizations.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Creates graphic design layouts, written articles and scripts for printed material, digital output, and broadcast, using specialized graphics and software applications.
• Assists Health District divisions to create and update special graphics for publications, websites, and TV programs to assure that the Health District’s key messages related to COVID-19 prevention and vaccination and adult immunizations reach the public.
• Assists Public Health Information and Communication Lead in researching, gathering information, and writing scripts for HD communication campaigns.
• Coordinates and completes special projects for Health District divisions; coordinates design and publication of internal and external communications, using printed materials and digital output.
• Creates and distributes information to media representatives important to city operations.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Supports the relationship between the Health District and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work- related issues and City information.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or a related field is required.
• One year experience in communications; ORan equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2751900
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.