Website City of Waco
Recreation Aide – Seasonal | Parks & Recreation| Job Number 2021-01594
Job Family: Field Maintenance
Posting Start Date: 06/15/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Under close supervision, assists in the delivery of City recreation programs and events.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Provides and promotes recreation activities and events for City residents; sets up recreation sites and facilities for events and scheduled programs; maintains equipment and facilities in clean and safe condition; duties may vary according to job assignment.
· Organizes recreation activities, supervises program participants and enforces rules, regulations and safety precautions at indoor and outdoor facilities; maintains discipline, monitors behavior and resolves issues.
· Develops promotional media for events and special programs; tutors’ youth and assists with schoolwork.
· Reports and resolves complaints, requests, safety conditions, security issues and illegal activities.
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
· Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
· Driving is essential.
· City policies and procedures.
· Policies, rules and regulations governing the conduct and safety of public recreation programs.
· Interacting with people of different social, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
· Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers and general public.
· Promoting and enforcing safe work practices.
· Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
· Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
· Depending on the needs of the City, specific technical training and certifications may be required for some incumbents.
· Depending on the needs of the recreation center assigned to, may require bilingual testing and certification.
· High School diploma or GED
· Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an ‘at-will’ relationship.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The City of Waco provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office at (254) 750-5740.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com