Website City of Waco
Registered Dietitian | Health| Job Number 2021-01596
Job Family: Professional Technical
Posting Start Date: 06/14/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Salary: $47,746.82 Annually
Under basic supervision, provides counseling, education and assessment for infants, children and pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women clients for the Public Health District (PHD).
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Provides direct clients care for PHD clients, including interviewing and assessing nutritional status to determine client’s WIC eligibility and nutrition care plan; performs anthropometric and biochemical measurements; approves specialty infant formulas; provides nutrition education and outreach programs and works with community to increase public awareness of proper nutrition; provides information, counseling and medical case management according to specific program and physician guidelines.
· Evaluates appropriateness of formula issuance; co-ordinates quality assurance plan; and performs supervisory and clerical duties as needed.
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
· Performs other duties as required or assigned.
· Driving is essential.
· City policies and procedures.
· United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Texas Department of State Health Services, WIC Nutrition Program policies, procedures and reporting standards.
· Principles and practices of nutrition and dietetics, including health maintenance and wellness.
· Case management methods, practices and procedures for assigned client population.
· Presenting nutritional information to PHD program participants and the public.
· Counseling clients with a variety of health issues.
· Working effectively with others to develop solutions for social services problems.
· Utilizing standard personal computer software programs and specialized state and County software.
· Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition, Food Sciences or related field and two years’ experience in nutrition programs.
· Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license.
· Registered Dietitian License by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
· Additional technical certifications in public health are preferred and may be required.
· Requires exerting up to 10 lbs. occasionally or minimal weights frequently; sitting for prolonged periods of time.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an ‘at-will’ relationship.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The City of Waco provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office at (254) 750-5740.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org