Website City of Waco
Sanitarian Supervisor | Parks and Recreation| REQ-1532
Job Family: Management Supervisor
Posting Start Date: 04/21/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Minimum Salary: $50,134.25
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, is subject to be on-call.
PRIMARY DUTY: Under basic supervision, performs difficult environmental health inspections for the Public Health District (PHD); protects the health and safety of the public from adverse environmental determinants.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Provides direction, training, assistance and supervision for environmental health inspection staff; performs complex inspections and investigates complaints to verify compliance with state and local regulations; scope of work includes food quality and safety, wastewater treatment, solid and hazardous waste management, air quality, water quality, insect and animal vector control, recreational and institutional facility inspections, consumer health and occupational health and safety.
· Organizes and presents training programs; interprets and enforces statutes, regulations, ordinances and policies governing environmental health; prepares summary and status reports; assures that the services provided meet the program requirements.
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work- related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
· Performs supervisory and management functions.
· May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
· Driving is essential.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· City policies and procedures and appropriate ordinances.
· Federal and state environmental health program regulations and requirements, including Texas State Department of State Health Services standards.
· Interpreting and applying state laws and City/County policies and procedures governing environmental and public health.
· Maintaining accurate records and generating reports.
· Utilizing standard personal computer software programs.
· Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Science, 30 hours of Natural and Applied Sciences or a related field is required; AND four years’ Registered Sanitarian work experience.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
· Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license.
· Registered Professional Sanitarian from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation or REHS/RS credential from the National Environmental Health Association is required;
· Additional technical training and certifications may be required.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an ‘at-will’ relationship.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The City of Waco provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office at (254) 750-5740.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org