Website City of Waco
Senior Engineer – Watershed Protection | Health| Job Number 2021-01590
Job Family: Professional Technical
Posting Start Date: 06/14/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Salary: $74,071.21 – $118.321.42 Annually
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Under general supervision, reviews engineering plans for construction projects for the Public Works Department (PWD); verifies compliance with design standards and City codes. Responsible for signing and sealing calculations, designs and reports completed under their direct supervision.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Reviews complex civil subdivision’s development plans for compliance with code of ordinances for drainage, grading, roadway design, pavement design and storm water design; may include sanitary sewer design, and water supply design.
· Reviews complex civil plans for industrial and commercial building development to ensure compliance with code of ordinances.
· Reviews abandonment of easements and rights-of-way; zoning cases; and encroachment cases for compliance with city code of ordinances and analysis of effect on operations.
· Provides technical support for various meetings and workshops including Zoning Board of Adjustments; Plan Commission; and weekly Plan Review.
· Participates in the administration of Flood Prevention and Protection Code of Ordinance; Storm Water Management Regulations; and Escarpment Regulations Code of Ordinance.
· Sets up and conducts pre-construction meetings for private development on City right-of-way and subdivisions.
· Assist engineering inspectors with oversight of development construction.
· Reviews cut sheets, proposed changes for projects, and submittals for public infrastructure related to development construction
· Maintains project files, documents and records; prepares reports on program activities and performance.
· Reviews engineering designs for in-house and consultant plans.
· Manage civil projects focused on stormwater/drainage through all phases from initial project assignment to completion according to project schedules, budgets, state and federal regulations and City standards.
· Provide engineering/technical support for the City’s MS4 permit and other state and federal permits as required.
· Serves as Design Engineer for in-house designs focused on stormwater/drainage.
· Serves as Project Engineer for selected consultant project focused on stormwater/drainage.
· Develops notices, exhibits, and presentations for public meetings.
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work- related issues and City information.
· Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
· May be required to respond after hours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
· Driving is essential.
· City organization, operations, policies and procedures.
· Fundamentals of civil engineering, mathematics, and physics.
· Principles of design, construction, and maintenance of public works projects.
· Methods, materials, and equipment used in public works infrastructure.
· Federal, state, and local development safety codes and regulations.
· Regulations, protocols, and standards governing plan review and civil infrastructure systems construction activities.
· Federal and state codes and regulations governing public works, utilities, development, and traffic
· Analyzing issues, evaluating alternatives, and making logical recommendations based on findings.
· Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
· Interpreting and applying engineering standards and procedures, Federal and state regulations and City policies and procedures.
· Analyzing and evaluating technical engineering data and construction documentation.
· Developing and checking designs, details, estimates, plans and specifications of engineering projects.
· Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
· Preparing, reviewing and presenting reports and presentations.
· Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with City employees, officials, and representatives from other local, state and federal agencies.
· Strong oral and written technical communication skills.
· Proficiency with software including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, ArcGIS, hydrologic & hydraulic models, and Microsoft Office a plus.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required from an ABET accredited university and four years’ work experience in engineering, or project management; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
· Registration as a Professional Engineer by the Texas Board of Professional Engineers.
· Requires exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an ‘at-will’ relationship.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The City of Waco provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office at (254) 750-5740.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com