Website City of Waco
Senior Parks Maintenance Worker – CDL | Parks & Recreation| Job Number 2021-01642
Job Family: Professional Technical
Posting Start Date: 06/25/2021| Closing: Open Until Filled
Salary: $29,312.40 – $44,594.16 Annually
Under basic supervision, performs experienced semiskilled general labor work in cleaning and maintenance of City parks and grounds; cleans and maintains tools, equipment and heavy equipment.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Performs unskilled and semiskilled manual labor tasks to maintain safe and attractive park system; maintains park facilities and grounds and follows all safety rules and regulations; works independently and makes appropriate decisions based on work experience; duties may vary according to job assignment.
· Operates heavy mechanized equipment; performs parks cleaning and maintenance tasks, including weed control, mowing, planting and watering; cleans up trash and debris and cleans facilities; prunes and trims trees and shrubs; assists with irrigation systems and chemical applications; loads and hauls materials.
· Inspects specialty vehicles and heavy equipment for proper operating condition; repairs and adjusts equipment and performs maintenance and preventive maintenance as needed.
· Enforces rules and regulations; assists with training new staff; reports unsafe acts, conditions, accidents and injuries; performs emergency cleaning and maintenance work as directed.
· Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
· May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
· Perform other assigned or related duties as required
· Driving is essential.
· City policies and procedures.
· Proper use of tools, equipment and heavy equipment used in parks and grounds maintenance.
· Occupational hazards and safety precautions, including proper use and storage of chemicals and OSHA Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for hazardous chemicals used in the workplace.
· Closely following verbal and written instructions and procedures and safe work practices.
· Care, maintenance and safe operation of specialized tools and heavy equipment.
· Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
· Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
· Three years’ experience in landscaping/grounds keeping work, preferably with City of Waco.
· Must possess a valid Texas Class B Commercial Driver’s License.
· According to the needs of the City, specific training and certifications may be required.
· Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. City management has exclusive rights to alter this job description at any time without notice. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an ‘at-will’ relationship.
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The City of Waco provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Office at (254) 750-5740.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com