Website City of Waco
Solid Waste Operations Manager
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2021-01852
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Solid Waste
Job Type: Full Time
Under general supervision, manages the residential and commercial collections operations of the Solid Waste Department (SWD); manages equipment repairs and call center.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manages SWD residential and commercial collections operations; manages equipment repairs and call center; develops plans, specifications and recommendations for new equipment.
• Manages SWD staff, assigns tasks and projects; trains staff, monitors work, develops staff skills and evaluates performance; analyzes workload trends and develops staffing and assignment adjustments.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Driving is essential.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Business or Public Administration, or a related field
• Five years of solid waste program experience, including supervisory experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2711152
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.